Tuesday, October 14, 2014

After really long - yet again!!!

A lot has changed since i last blogged, a) I've moved houses, from one end of the city to the other and, b) have started working full time. Both these have affected my quilting big time. 

I had a few fabric stores i would visit regularly, the store owners knew my taste, they let me rummage through their store, they let me lay everything out to figure what went with what, what didn't, they even helped me coordinate on many occasions. They remembered what i had picked up. I'm yet to find a store close to where i now reside. 

Morning hours were my 'me' time, which is to say my quilting time. I could spend hours sewing, stitching, cutting, ironing. Now my morning hours are about leaving the house on time to get to work. Sewing time if any is either on holidays or stolen minutes during the weekdays. My sewing & cutting is now at night. There are these days when i have marathon sessions late into the night and wake up all groggy the following morning.

But i've managed to put together quite a few pieces. Many are still WIPs though. Have been nominated by a fellow quilter for the quilt blog hop. It couldn't have come at a better time, i now just have to update 'a fabric medley'. So, thank you Sobana Sundar for nominating me. While i start the updating process, why don't you have a look at Sobana's blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment